LEADED BRONZE ALLOY
SigmaBronze 7 is a viable alternative to SAE660 in many applications because it has the advantage of being available in metric sizes. Like SAE660, the alloy is a leaded continuously cast copper-based alloy suitable for applications under medium load whilst using adequate lubrication. Offering good sliding and dry running characteristics, SigmaBronze 7 is not subject to dezincification. It is suitable for use in applications such and pump and valve manufacture since it has reasonable resistance to brine.
SigmaBronze 7 also benefits from excellent machinability.
Typical commercial applications for SigmaBronze 7 bronze alloy include:
- Automotive fittings
- Fuel & water pump bushes, pump/valve components
- Hydraulics, bearings for lifting tackle, thrust washers
- Good wear resistnace
- Excellent machining characteristics
- Excellent anti-friction qualities
- Versatile and broad range of uses
- Available in metric sizes
We stock SigmaBronze 7 bronze alloy in bar, tube & flat bar. We welcome stock enquiries from both domestic and international customers.