LEADED BRONZE ALLOY
Suitable for a broad range of applications which are under medium loads whilst using adequate lubrication, SAE660 is a continuously cast leaded copper-based alloy known as a leaded bronze. It is highly suited to pump and valve component manufacture due to the alloy’s reasonable resistance to brine. SAE660 offers good sliding and dry running properties and is not subject to dezincification.
SAE660 also benefits from excellent machinability.
Typical commercial applications for SAE660 bronze alloy include:
- Valve and slide seating rings, hydraulics
- Fuel and water pump bushes
- General purpose bushes & bearings
- Widespread application usage
- Excellent anti-friction qualities
- Excellent maching properties
- A very versatile alloy
- Ideal in bushes and bearings under medium loads
We stock SAE660 bronze alloy in round bar, hollow bar, flat bar and plate. We welcome stock enquiries from both domestic and international customers.