Known as polyoxymethylene, ACETAL is a general purpose high quality engineering plastic which is available in a wide range of grades and forms. The plastic is a very good all-round engineering product with good wear life in gearing and bearing applications. Acetal provides excellent stability when dimensional accuracy is important.
Acetal has similar chemical resistance characteristics when compared to Nylon 66 though it is slightly more prone to attack. ACETAL offers good resistance to common solvents, esters, lubricants, ketones and aqueous solutions of acids and alkalis. The material is not resistant to formic acid, concentrated mineral acids, phenols, cresols and alkalis or strong oxidising agents such as halogens.
Typical commercial applications for ACETAL (POM-C & POM-H) engineering plastic include:
- Mechanical engineering
- Automotive, textile and foodstuff industries
- Gears, meter components, valve discs
- Electronics and electrical components
- Medical instrument components
- Relay and transformer housings
- Pump components
- Wide range of grades available
- High impact load resistance
- High mechanical strength and stiffness
- Excellent machinability
- Good chemical resistance
- Very good dimensional stability
- High surface hardness
- Good sliding properties
We stock Acetal in extruded round bar, extruded sheet/plate, tubular bar and strip. We welcome stock enquiries from both domestic and international customers.