PHOSPHOR BRONZE ALLOY
SigmaBronze 12 is an attractive alternative to PB1 or PB2 in a variety of applications as it is available in metric sizes and has the advantage of higher tin content which offers a degree of self-lubrication. The alloy offers a combination of good corrosion resistance, ductility and wear resistance with high mechanical strength. SigmaBronze 12 is a continuously cast copper-based alloy known as a phosphor bronze.
Machinability of the alloy is also good.
Typical commercial applications for SigmaBronze 12 bronze alloy include:
- Marine ultrasonics, excavators and cranes
- Hydraulics, liner bearings, bushes & bearings
- Worms and gears under high working loads
- High wear resistance
- Available in metric sizes
- High tin content promotes self-lubrication
- High fatigue strength and mechanical strength
- Good machinability
We stock SigmaBronze 12 bronze alloy in bar, tube & flat bar. We welcome stock enquiries from both domestic and international customers.