PHOSPHOR BRONZE ALLOY
A continuously cast copper-based alloy which contains 10-12% tin, PB1 (BS1400 PB1) combines good ductility, corrosion resistance, wear resistance and high mechanical strength. The alloy can be successfully soldered and brazed whilst offering good resistance to shock load though the performance of wrought grades is superior. PB1 is traditionally used in heavy load applications run at high speeds.
PB1 offers seawater corrosion resistance with good resistance to impact loading. Machinability to is good to fair.
Typical commercial applications for PB1 (BS1400 PB1) bronze alloy include:
- Flanges, hydraulics, marine ultrasonics
- Linear bearings, worms and gears under high loads
- Bushes and bearings, pump and valve components
- High fatigue strength
- Excellent seawater corrosion resistance
- High mechanical strength
- High wear resistance
- Good resistance to impact loading
We stock PB1 (BS1400 PB1) bronze alloy in round bar, hollow bar, flat bar and plate. We welcome stock enquiries from both domestic and international customers.