NES 833 is an alloy which is similar to CA104 – it is a nickel aluminium bronze but has been manufactured specifically in accordance with the MOD’s Naval requirements. The specification dictates that the nickel content of the alloy must exceed the iron content which enhances the alloys overall corrosion resistance. The material is ultrasonically tested to DEF STAN 02-279 Part 5 Issue 3 and to NDE02-05 whilst impact values are also taken on all size above 15mm in diameter.
NES 833 offers good overall strength & toughness with excellent resistance to both corrosion and erosion in marine atmospheres.
Typical commercial applications for NES 833 (DEF STAN 02-833) bronze alloy include:
- Marine valves, pumps and hardware
- Wear plates, thrust washers and worm gears
- Heavy duty bearings and bushes
- Excellent corrosion & erosion resistance in marine environments
- Excellent galling resistance
- Good overall strength and tougness
- High wear, high abrasion resistance
We stock NES 833 (DEF STAN 02-833) bronze alloy in round bar and hexagon. We welcome stock enquiries from both domestic and international customers.