PRECIPITATION HARDENING STAINLESS STEEL BAR
AMS 5643 (UNS S17400) is an American aerospace grade which may be hardened by a single low temperature precipitation hardening treatment and contains 4% copper. After treatment, AMS 5643 offers excellent mechanical properties at a high strength level. The alloy can be magnetised and has a typical density of 7.75kg/ dm³. The material should not be used in the annealed condition.
Weldability of the alloy is excellent as are the mechanical properties after heat treatment.
Typical commercial applications for AMS 5643 (UNS S17400) stainless steel alloy include:
- Missile components
- Motor shafts, gears, valve stems
- Aerospace and Defence components
- High strength alloy with good corrosion resistance
- Suitable for manufacture of intricate parts
- Excellent weldability
- Excellent mechanical properties after treatment
AMS 5643 can be supplied in the annealed condition (Condition A) or heat treated as follows:-
- Condition H900 (900° F)
- Condition H925 (925° F)
- Condition H1025 (1025° F)
- Condition H1075 (1075° F)
- Condition H1100 (1100° F)
- Condition H1150 (1150° F)
We stock AMS 5643 stainless steel in bar form. We welcome stock enquiries from both domestic and international customers.